Code of Ethics
LOTTE thinks, judges and acts based on its corporate motto "Customer-centric Thinking,Pursuit of Originality, and Quality First,“
and shall fulfill its social responsibilities, seek the common interests of its stakeholders, nation and mankind, and aspire to evolve
into a premier global company with sustainability. To this end, LOTTE has announced its code of ethics
and mandates its management and employees' full commitment.
Article 1. Customers
- 1-1. Customers are at the very heart of LOTTE's viability. All business activities shall be considered, determined and create value from customers' perspectives to serve customers.
- 1-2. LOTTE shall maintain its integrity, respect customers' opinions and deliver on its promise with customers.
- 1-3. LOTTE shall not use any of its customers' private information without their prior consent for any purpose other than agreed beforehand.
Article 2. Shareholders and Investors
- 2-1. Management and employees shall make best efforts to enhance LOTTE's share value through business practices which focus on creativity and innovation.
- 2-2. LOTTE shall abide by laws and principles governing corporate management and maintain transparency.
- 2-3. LOTTE shall be attentive to the due opinions of minority shareholders.
Article 3. Management and Employees
- 3-1. Management and employees shall adhere to societal laws, social norms and highest level of ethical standards to maintain LOTTE's reputation and individuals' dignity, and earn the respect and trust of colleagues and business partners.
- 3-2. Management and employees shall contribute to the Company in a proactive and creative manner by taking initiatives and through innovation, harmony and cooperation with a strong sense of responsibility.
- 3-3. Management and employees shall not be discriminated based on their hometown, educational background, gender, etc. and shall receive fair treatment based on performance and competencies.
- 3-4. Management and employees shall not use Company assets for personal interests nor disclose Company information attained in the normal course of business. In addition, management and employees shall not engage in mutual gift exchanges, loan extension or joint liability on guarantee among themselves, and shall refrain from inconsiderate speech and sexual harassment to promote a sound corporate culture.
- 3-5. Management shall be mindful of social responsibilities, proactively respond to crisis and opportunities, and set an example by acting in line with global standards governing corporate management.
Article 4. Business Partners
- 4-1. LOTTE shall provide equal opportunities to its business partners and engage in transparent business for legitimate products at legitimate pricing for mutual benefit.
- 4-2. LOTTE shall not use its dominant market position to make unreasonable requests and shall not unlawfully receive money and/or other articles and entertainment. LOTTE shall explain the purpose and spirit of this code of conduct to business partners and encourage them to join the effort.
Article 5. Nation and Society
- 5-1. LOTTE shall respect the values of the nation and society, abide by pursuant laws and regulations, and strive to develop itself through sound corporate activities, thereby creating social wealth and improving the quality of life to contribute to the overall development of the nation.
- 5-2. LOTTE shall not be involved in politics.
- 5-3. LOTTE shall contribute to the preservation of the environment and conservation of natural resources by developing and marketing environmentally-friendly products, recycling waste and educating the public on the value of resource conservation.
- 5-4. LOTTE shall strive to ensure the safety of its community, customers, management and employees and undertake efforts to prevent accidents by conducting safety training programs.